Our innovation to Reconnect
A Natural Product
NeuroAiD is a natural product combining several active ingredients including nine herbal extracts in the form of capsules. The development of NeuroAiD was aimed at helping sufferers achieve a faster and fuller recovery after a Brain Injury (Stroke, Traumatic Injury) and both the pharmacology and the clinical research have been structured for that.
NeuroAiD is available in over 30 markets; under local regulations, its status varies from Food Supplement to Drug, and its status varies from country to country, and so does the indication for which it is recommended and approved. As an illustration, when the status is that of a food supplement, no reference to Stroke or disease is permitted in the local general communication. Consumer and patients are encouraged to seek the guidance of their treating neurologist or physicians when considering NeuroAiD; you may also contact us at email@example.com so we may direct you appropriately.
This section presents the various research initiative conducted and being conducted on NeuroAiD and as such discussed the results of scientific research and clinical research conducted on NeuroAiD in cerebrovascular diseases. This information is intended to present the activities of the company and our commitment to develop product to help patients and families reconnect with their lives. It is intended for many different audiences such as investors, research partners, commercial partners, candidates… If you interest in NeuroAiD is for your own use or a family member, we recommend you seek guidance from a medical professional who will guide you in interpreting the data presented here.
R&D on NeuroAiD is very active. Over 45 scientific papers have been published since 2009 including pharmacological studies assessing the multiple properties of the product and the translation of its potential into clinical efficacy through randomised clinical trials.
This extensive research gives a strong international recognition to NeuroAiD. In addition to post-stroke recovery, recent data has shown promising results to address conditions such as cognitive decline and traumatic brain injuries with NeuroAiD. The research is still ongoing to develop demonstrating the potential of the formulation but also by identifying the most active ingredients.
With multimodal mechanism of action
Its multi-ingredient composition gives NeuroAiD a multimodal mechanism of action enhancing the natural brain self-repair process by stimulating
These properties give the possibility to repair the damaged areas to regain cognitive and functional capabilities.
Available in over 30 countries
Since its first launch in Singapore in 2006, NeuroAiD has rapidly gained acceptance as an innovative natural treatment for post-stroke recovery, it is approved and marketed in many countries in South-East Asia, Middle-East, Africa and Europe. Our ambition is to make NeuroAiD even more available in the years ahead.
The approved label of NeuroAiD varies from country to country depending on local regulations and so does the category of product in which NeuroAiD is approved. As such the information made available to the public varies from country to country.
As an Illustration:
- In Singapore, NeuroAiD is classified as a Chinese Proprietary Medicine to support neurological, motor and cognitive functions resulting in better quality of life.
- In Vietnam, NeuroAiD is classified as a Drug:
- Prevents and treat stroke or thrombotic diseases, blood clot, increase recovery for stroke patients (recovery of motor function, sensation, consciousness, perception, language); reduce spasticity paralysis symptoms.
- Memory reduction of the elderly (Dementia)
- Supports recovery of motor function, sensation, consciousness, perception, language after trauma and surgery (owing to the effect on protecting and strengthening neurons in the area of brain injury, especially in the penumbra).
- In Spain, NeuroAiD is classified as a Food Supplement to normalize the functioning of the nervous system.
- In Bulgaria, NeuroAiD is classified as a Food Supplement to support neurological, motor and cognitive functions resulting in better quality of life.
Middle East and Africa
- In Iran, NeuroAiD is classified as a Pharmaceutical to support neurological functions helping patients achieve a better recovery after an ischemic stroke onset.
- In South Africa, NeuroAiD is classified as a Complementary Medicine to support neurological, motor and cognitive functions and also contributes to improve patient recovery.
- In Kazakhstan, NeuroAiD is classified as a Biologically Active Food Supplement to support neurological functions helping patients achieve a better recovery after an ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke onset. Particularly effective in supporting motor recovery and spasticity reduction.
NeuroAiD is usually recommended by neurologists, neurosurgeons and rehabilitation physicians. For more information on NeuroAiD’s label and status in your country, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NeuroAiD™II & NurAiD™II (MLC 901)
NeuroAiD™ II & NurAiD™ II (MLC 901) correspond to the simplified formula of NeuroAiD™ (MLC 601), containing only the main 9 herbal ingredients from the original formula which was shown in 2010 to be equivalent to the original formulae. NeuroAiD II was first launched in 2011 commercially. In 2018, Moleac will be phasing out MLC601 and replacing it progressively in all markets with MLC 901. All recent research is also conducted on MLC901.
Indeed, the need for the non-herbal ingredients in MLC601, such as crushed dried scorpions, leech or antelope horn, however, was questioned as the rationale for their role was not obvious beyond traditional beliefs. MLC901 (NeuroAiD™ II, Moleac Pte. Ltd, Singapore), was therefore developed consisting of only the nine herbal ingredients that are present in MLC601. MLC901 has been demonstrated to be pharmacologically equivalent to MLC601 with similar neuroprotective and neurorestorative properties in nonclinical studies ¹’²’³’⁴’⁵’⁶’⁷’⁸’⁹. In addition to presenting the same benefits and safety profile, the simplified formulation has the advantages of reduced variability, avoidance of unnecessary animal slaughter.
- Heurteaux C, et al. Neuroprotective and neuroproliferative activities of NeuroAid (MLC601, MLC901), a Chinese medicine, in vitro and in vivo. Neuropharmacology. 2010 Jun;58(7):987-1001. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2010.01.001.
- Quintard H, et al. MLC901, a traditional Chinese medicine protects the brain against global ischemia. Neuropharmacology. 2011 Sep;61(4):622-31. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2011.05.003.
- Moha Ou Maati H, et al. Activation of ATP-sensitive potassium channels as an element of the neuroprotective effects of the Traditional Chinese Medicine MLC901 against oxygen glucose deprivation. Neuropharmacology. 2012 Sep;63(4):692-700. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2012.05.035.
- Gandin C, et al. MLC901 Favors Angiogenesis and Associated Recovery after Ischemic Stroke in Mice. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;42(1-2):139-54. doi: 10.1159/000444810.
- Heurteaux C, et al. NeuroAiD: properties for neuroprotection and neurorepair. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013;35 Suppl 1:1-7. doi: 10.1159/000346228.
- Quintard H, et al. MLC901, a Traditional Chinese Medicine induces neuroprotective and neuroregenerative benefits after traumatic brain injury in rats. Neuroscience. 2014 Sep 26;277:72-86. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2014.06.047. Erratum in: Neuroscience. 2014 Oct 10;278:265-6.
- Tsai MC, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of Neuro AiD™ (MLC 601), a traditional Chinese medicine, in experimental traumatic brain injury. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2015 Mar;10(1):45-54. doi: 10.1007/s11481-014-9570-0.
- Chan HY, et al. A pharmacogenomic profile of human neural progenitors undergoing differentiation in the presence of the traditional Chinese medicine NeuroAiD. Pharmacogenomics J. 2016 Oct;16(5):461-71. doi: 10.1038/tpj.2016.21.
- Chio CC, et al. A positive correlation exists between neurotrauma and TGF-β1- containing microglia in rats. Eur J Clin Invest. 2016 Dec;46(12):1063-9. doi: 10.1111/eci.12693.